Searches Conducted, Properties worth crores detected
Srinagar :Anti-Corruption Bureau has registered a case under FIR No. 25/2020 in PS ACB Srinagar against Abdul Rashid Malla, Naib Tehsildar, Rawalpora Srinagar for acquiring huge assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
- The instant case was registered on the basis of a verification conducted by ACB Srinagar into the allegations that Abdul Rashid Malla, Naib Tehsildar Rawalpora Srinagar is in possession of huge assets in the shape of Shopping complex, palatial house etc. The details of properties acquired by him in his name, as well as in the name of his relatives with effect from 2008 up to 2019 is as under:-
a) 04 Shops and land, near Grid Station, Chadoora Budgam.
b) Shopping Complex at Doyen Chadoora
c) Huge Palatial House at Hassipora Chadoora
d) Huge House near Imam Bada Chadoora
e) Huge Palatial House at Rawalpora
f) Big patch of land at Dawlatpora Chadoora
g) Land with structure at Hassipora Chadoora
- During verification, it was further established that the suspect has received a salary of around Rs 45,00,000/- with effect from year 2008 upto 2019 and the above mentioned properties acquired by Abdul Rashid Malla in the said period are worth crores of rupees which is totally disproportionate to his known sources of income.
- The omissions and commissions on behalf of the suspect invokes the provisions of section 5(1) (e) of J&K PC Act Svt; 2006. Accordingly case FIR No. 25/2020 was registered against Abdul Rashid Malla S/o Late Gh Ahmad Malla R/o Hassipora Chadoora Budgam under section 5(1) (e) r/w 5(2) of PC Act Svt. 2006.
- Today, Anti Corruption Bureau conducted searches in the houses of Abdul Rashid Malla at Chadoora and Rawalpora Budgam. During searches, some incriminating documents pertaining to the said case were recovered/ seized.
- Further Investigation of case is going on.