By MOHAMMAD SADAQ
Jumah or Friday Prayers are congregational prayers that a Muslim has to observe. On this day nthe Masjids are occupied and the Immmam of the community gathers people for Salah. In the Holy Quran and the Hadiths it is mentioned that Friday is one of the important days of the week. The one who offers Salah and performs good deeds is indeed rewarded by the Almighty and all the sins are forgiven.
It is a true saying that Allah the Almighty does not like any other act better than Salah [Prayers]. The Jumuah Prayers is a congregational prayer offered by the Muslim men and women. On this day the people have to go to the mosque and pray with the Imam [the leader of the community]. These prayers include the Khutba that is specially prayed on this day as a preaching in the Islamic tradition. All the localities of the city have to gather in a mosque with true respect and attend the prayers. Women are also allowed to come to the mosque as a special place is provided for them in the mosque where they can offer the Salah with other ladies as well.
The Prophet has also mentioned in his Hadiths that offering five times prayer a day and also Friday Prayer results in the expedition of sins. But only to offer the prayers on Friday and leave the rest does not mean that the Muslim should indulge in sins and think that it would be cleared any how by praying the Friday Salah. It has been mentioned by the Prophet that the best day when the sun has risen is Friday and also on that day Adam had been created by the Almighty. It is so believed that the Day of Judgment would be Friday and so people should be aware and should regret of their sins and turn towards the Almighty with due respect and obliquity.
There are many prayers suggested on this day from the Holy Quran. Some of them are as follows.
* SURAH ZILZAAL According to the Prophet it is said that praying this Surah on Thursday night would 15 times will protect him from the pangs of death and Allah will ease his punishments on the day off Judgement. Also if you pray this 4 times the reward given by the Almighty is equal to that of praying one whole Quran.
* SURAH AALAH It was the habit of the Prophet to pray this Surah in his Salah and also on the eve of Jumuah. The Prophet always used to pray this Surah before going to sleep.
* SURAH DUKHAAN Praying this Surah on Thursday night or on the day of Jumuah, the person will be blessed and 70 thousand angels will pray for him and ask forgiveness for him until morning. All his sins and bad deeds would be pardoned by the Almighty if a person prays this Surah.
* SURAH KAHF This is to be prayed on the day of Jumuah, it is said that a person who prays this Surah a shining light is created for him between his place and Makkah. All the minor sins committed by him from last Friday till today would be forgiven.
* SURAH JUMUAH This Surah is recited especially on this day as many times you can, as it increases your rewards and forgive sins.
“ANY ERROR IN THIS MANUSCRIPT IS SILENT TESTIMONY OF THE FACT THAT IT WAS A HUMAN EFFORT”
MOHAMMAD SADAQ IS A Graduate student From Government Degree Postgraduate College Bhaderwah [ UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU ]
Went to HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL T O P N E E L