Shocking! 8-Year-Old Girl Battles For Life After Brutally Raped By Two Juveniles In Delhi

NEW DELHI — An 8-year-old has been allegedly gangraped in Delhi’s Shastri Park area. The minor has sustained serious injuries and is currently in ICU and her health is said to be critical

Police have apprehended two juveniles aged 11 and 12 in connection with the incident.

Sanjay Kumar Sain, DCP (Northeast), said two minor boys have been identified and apprehended. They live near the girl’s house and were identified with the help of local enquiry and recording from the CCTV cameras placed in the area. “We are questioning them. The girl is still at the hospital,” he added.

A case under sections of kidnapping, rape and POCSO Act has been registered.

Earlier in the day, the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) issued a notice to Delhi Police informing about the brutal gangrape of the 8-year-old. The Commission said it received information about the incident on its Women Helpline Number 181 on January 24.

The DCW Chairperson Swati Maliwal said the Commission was informed that the minor had gone outside her house around 4 pm and when she returned and complained of severe stomach ache and her private parts were “badly” injured.

The girl was bleeding profusely,” the Commission informed, adding she was immediately rushed to a government hospital and “her condition is critical and she has been operated upon. Presently she is admitted in the ICU.”

DCW has sought complete details from the Delhi Police regarding the FIR and the accused people arrested for their involvement in incident. The Commission has given the Delhi Cops time till January 28 to furnish detailed action taken in the matter.

Swati Maliwal also said, “The people gangraping an 8-year-old are not humans. The girl is in unimaginable pain as she is battling for her life in an ICU. Strongest punishment needs to be given.”

The Indian Express in a report mentioned police saying that a 12-year-old boy from the girl’s locality allegedly called her to his home on the pretext of playing after which he and his friend allegedly raped her there.

After returning home, the girl complained of severe stomach pain. Her parents found that she was injured and bleeding after which they rushed her to a hospital. — (Agencies)