Hospital Authorities Terms His Condition Stable
Kulgam June 9: People in Damhaal Hanjipora (DH Pora) of South Kashmir’s Kulgam district were shocked when concerned Tehsildar Niyaz Ahmad was provided an acid bottle used for batteries instead of pure drinking water bottle by a local shopkeeper.
Immediately after drinking few sips of water from the bottle, Tehsildar Niyaz Ahmad was hospitalised and according to hospital authorities after initial treatment his condition is stable and completely out of danger.
Locals told CNS that concerned Tehsildar was coming back to his after destroying 8 Kanals of poppy cultivation and DH-Pora when he asked shopkeeper for water bottle, “accidentally” shopkeeper provided him an acid bottle due to which Tehsildar Niyaz Ahmad was hospitalised.
Police station DH-Pora has registered a case in this regard against the accused shopkeeper identified as Manzoor Ahmad Alie, son of Wali and according to senior officials of police investigation is going whether it was a deliberate attempt or just by mistake.
Shopkeeper was arrested and he is still in custody” police added.
When CNS contacted Tehsildar Niyaz Ahmad he said, ” it was unintentionally thar Shopkeeper provided me an acid bottle instead of water” he clarified.
Meanwhile he also cautioned that these shopkeepers are running drug mafia and they will sternly dealt under relevant sections of law, if they didn’t mend their ways. (CNS)